I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Monday, October 18

GITW - Stream of Conscious

Thank you for your post Chris, for the blank sheet of paper also.


The spring is in full force
Her rose is sprouting new branches and leaves
The plants all have their flowers in bloom
The trees have blossomed, their new leaves are lush
The snow drops and daffodils have been and gone
The grass is long and tall
Even the weeds are thriving


But my Elizabeth is not


The days are mostly grey
The rains that drench us, so needed by the earth
It is damp and cold still, a draft wraps itself around my ankles
I do not really feel the cold
Nothing so insignificant can penetrate my pain
This pain isn't the only thing she left me with
For now I know, what it is to feel a mothers love


And everything pales to grey


I'll find you in bright colours and quite places
Your name I'll hear whispered on the wind
I'll see your beauty in flickering candles
I'll feel your sweet kisses in the rays of the sun
I'll feel your love in the melody of beautiful music
I'll feel the power of you - yet the tears will come


This I feel with a searing heat, this mothers love
this unconditional, all encompassing love
Side by side with pain I hold from losing you
I long you my dear, sweet Elizabeth
my body yearns for you to be here
My chest is so full of contradictions
A rage of emotion, so raw


The spring mocks me with its abundance
its warmer, brighter, longer days
How can life go on, how can the circle of life continue
when I am rooted to the spot were you were taken
I am lost, I don't want to world to keep turning
I have no need or want to live
I have no need or want to die


I am marking time, waiting and remembering...

1 comment: