I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Thursday, October 14

Day 1

Day 1 - A song that reminds you of your child, or one that you can't listen to anymore and why?


I love my music and this is going to be hard - if not long!
While I was carrying Elizabeth I made a playlist 'the best of all' on my computer - considering that I have over 8500 tunes, that was a massive project for me!  So it took me a good few months to actually finish, listening to each tune to evaluate its worthiness and ended up with 1220 tunes.  
However there are some that stand out, ones that I'd played an awful lot; the newest albums and long forgotten tunes; I found the words just fitted me now.  


The album that means the most I think is The Single Man soundtrack - if you don't know the movie, I would suggest you'd go rent it out - but more on that tomorrow I think.
Anyway, its beauty hunted me from the outset - sitting on the plane over to England watching the movie.  This I think is my favourite - Stillness of Mind, oh and Daydreams, but all of the track by the composer Abel Korzeniowski are so moving.  I listened to it incessantly and loved its mellow, calming feeling.  Now I can see the heart-breaking obvious sorrow.


There are two albums that were new to me - actually M's birthday presents that I copied.
Antony & the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now and the song is You Are My Sister.  The first time I really heard that song was some months later when I was in Victoria Gardens; in the centre of Melbourne.  This is where A and I lay tulips for our dear lost Taggpole; our first pregnancy that ended just shy of 15 weeks.  I was 6 or 7 months pregnant with Elizabeth when I was there laying the pink tulips with my ipod on - I was just saying to Taggpole, 'look how your sister grows'.  Then came the opening line to the song 'You are my sister, we were born'.  It was if Taggpole was singing to her, but now I see it as Taggpole protecting her where ever they may be - I do believe they are together and that does give me great comfort.
The other is just again a hauntingly beautiful piece of music - so soft and delicate so very expressive - sadness.  It is Part: Für Alina.  The link I found on You.tube is great (although you don't to hear much of the piece) as he gives an insight that I'd never seen; the two people on a path and ever quite meet....
I have that playing now.


Others include the whole of the Division Bell album from Pink Floyd - that has, and always had a calming effect on me, my soul just seems so free and soars with those rifts!  Also a lot of Led Zepplin, of which Stairway To Heaven was favourite.  Its had a revival of late, seeing as my Dad originally gave me the box set of Remasters of my 15th Birthday?!


The song that makes me cry, gives me a huge grin and so much bad singing (you try carrying a tune while balling your eyes out!) is Don't Worry, Be Happy.  When this song would come on Elizabeth and I would dance about - her in utero and me singing and Oooh oh Oooooing.  Now, I can't help but think that she is telling me not to worry and to be happy - so I try my best, the tears can't be helped though.


The NCIS theme tune is another one Elizabeth would go bonkers to, so we (A and I) would bounce around singing too - Its a good job that TV is showing the Commonwealth Games right now; I've not had to deal with that yet.


Time to get started on the soup.
Hm, I think I've answered that one fully?
Music is a passion and such an expression of how I'm feeling.


The soup is very green!


I'd forgotten to mention the song that had my heart breaking as I was walking around Melbourne city centre like a zombie.  I've only done that; had a melt down in the city twice and I have been there countless times - after all that is where we lay our flowers for our babies.  The song that came up was from The Crow movie, It Can't Rain All The Time - Jane Siberry.  There is a bit near the end where she whispers, it starts, 'last night I had a dream'....  I almost choked on my sobs and the tears came like a tap on full!  I ducked out of the big department store I was in and stood outside sobbing my heart out - a lady saw me and asked if I was okay, 'did I want to sit down or maybe talk'.  That made me sob harder still - as my other melt down was on a busy sidewalk at lunch time and not one person that saw me in a crumpled heap on that bench did anything.  I think that made me cry hard too.  I've not listened to since then.
Thank you kind lady with the red coat, thank you for your offer; you restored a little of my faith in humanity in general.


Oh yeah, I was just thinking of putting all those songs/tunes together for a real good cry at some point - you can't have a good old sob without REM's Every Body Hurts!

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a movie soundtrack/score lover too. But mentioning The Crow? I just had to say something. And that song? Beautiful! Thank - you for coming by my blog and leaving a comment for me. I'm at your beginning, but I'm working my way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Missy for stopping by, it is nice to hear from you.
    I did see that your post about the haunting song In a Lonely Place - The Crow is just a very fitting movie altogether now - its overwhelming sometimes all the old, loved movies, have fresh means new to them now.

    I never thought I'd meet another NIN fan

    ReplyDelete