I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Wednesday, November 3

Music for my soul

This piece of music really touches my heart and to have Arvo Part explaining what his music means, is just so moving.  To see his emotion while he plays 'Alina'.  His explanations is of a complicated path, of two people who's paths cross... almost.  I can't say that I understand his explanations totally, but I know what it means to me, him talking about the tiny simple things in life and how they move together to form this beauty.  Such a simple piece of music, so gentle and elegant.  With Arvo's explanations I think if Elizabeth, how our paths didn't quite make it together; we didn't meet.  Her life was too short... but the memories of her will be with me for all of my lifetime - as if they lasted an entire life.

Listening to Arvo Part talk about 'Alina' spoke to me, I just wanted to share that here.




1 comment: