I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Thursday, September 29

Laughing Out Load

I've not laughed that hard for a long time - A said he'd forgotten what my hysterical laughter sounded like and yesterday afternoon it felt good!

Silly really, but aren't the greatest if things?

We were returning from the city at half three, but it looked like it was 6 going on 7pm. The dark brooding clouds ladened with so much rain, thunder and lightening and it all kicked off just as we were leaving the cafe we'd settled in.  It did happen to be lovely, warm and sunny when A. left for teaching at silly o'clock that morning, so he didn't even have his jacket let alone a brolly - I did however.

What had me in stitches (and when I think of it now, makes me smirk still) was the fact that we were trying to walk fast (a hard feat considering the almost constant BH) A. almost dragging me with his arm around me, my arm around his waist holding on to the his waist of his jeans, A. clutching his bag to his side (full of text books and paperwork) and myself holding the brolly. It's a good brolly that you can see through as it is more of a long dome shape rather than a shell on a stick. The rain was coming down at us from the side and wow was it pouring! Anyway, I could see where we were going so I was steering him from the waist and with the brolly as his head up in the spines, shouting out to 'jump' this puddle or this way, or that way...

It got to the stage where the rain was coming from his direction so heavily,  I was pulling the brolly downward to make him more my height he is 6 foot 4 and I'm 5 foot 6)  and so the brolly was protecting me a little more. The puddles where getting bigger and deeper, the rain harder and the wind stronger, all the while trying to watch the skies for the flash of electric pink lightening forks and marvelling at the racket of it all.

At that point I just found our situation hilarious - myself almost 9 months pregnant being hurried along by her soaked husband who is almost doubled over under this ridiculously girly umbrella (clear with blue polka dots) - and you know when you're laughing so hard you can't catch your breath, your eyes scrunch up, you can't say whats going on; A. thought I was in pain or some sort of trouble!

We got home eventually half carrying each other and looking like we'd been swimming backward with everything on, but we did look like we enjoyed it - my tummy ached, I woke Amelia up rudely only to get her feet caught in my ribs. As A. remarked, that was the first time I remember having a fit of the hysterics since Elizabeth's birth; and it really did feel wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment