I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Thursday, March 10

May You Always Feel Her Rainbows

After seeing, reading and feeling Leslie's Poem here, I contacted Silvi myself and asked her to write a poem for me and Elizabeth.  I too gave her my blog address and this is what I read and cried to this morning...


I am just speechless really, but so overwhelmingly thankful for these words to me right now - it is what I needed to read and to really feel.  It tells me my words back to me, to keep reminding me that I am not alone, no matter how distant I feel.  To keep on striving to keep Elizabeth with me, to write her name everywhere and see her in the colours around me.  To know she is always with me in my quite stillness, in my laughter and in the whispers of the wind; we are together.

Thank you Silvi, I really did need to feel this right now - Thank you.

The picture behind the poem is 'The Promise', a great double rainbow that was shot just down the Great Ocean Road; this is where A. and I had our sort-of Christmas time.  The significance is heart felt.
Silvi also mentioned a song 'Someone Great' by LCD Sound.system, that I'd not heard of before.  I've listened to it and can see what she means, 'it has the best description of grief'.  It is a powerful song, the more I read those words, the more it sinks in - look to the last verse and words...

For someone who hasn't had to walked this path, Silvi has put on these shoes and walked with me - that is no easy feat.  I am greatly hearted to know that Elizabeth, Taggpole, A. and I will be remembered all the way over in San Francisco.  Thank you Silvi

4 comments:

  1. The poem is beautiful! Silvi did a magnificent job creating something specially you and Elizabeth. I may have to consider this. I love LCD Soundsystem! All my love to you, Elizabeth, Taggpole, and little soul~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. So tender and sweet, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so very beautiful my dear friend... every bit of it. She really has a gift, doesn't she? Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear tess, i should have commented long ago but for whatever reason here i am on your page today. i hope that in the time that's passed, what little it might be, that you are and always will be waking in rainbows and all the light you need.

    thank you ever so much for your kind, kind words and your support of what i do.

    in poetry and so much gratitude,
    silvi

    ReplyDelete