I'll find you in the bright colours and quite places, always remembered beautiful Elizabeth - Auntie K

Friday, October 28

Head In the Sand Still

My Flip Board tells me of Angie's new project over at Still Life With Circles; the spoken word blog and can see so many others taking part. But I feel awful that I can't even read about it - I can't read any blogs right now. I may find time to open the Flip Board, but I can't bring myself to read.

Emotions are running so close to the surface right now; I'm so over whelmed with feeling - if I introduce anymore, or anything different I may just explode! I think I'd find it very difficult to explain all the ins and outs of it all and to be honest I'm unsure what I'm feeling half the time. It is just so bloody bitter sweet having Elizabeth's little sister at home with us, just showing us what we didn't have with her - I'm trying to keep my head in the 'sweet' part and engross myself into this band new motherhood.

So I will leave you with a few photos that might just explain how my heart has been stretched to accommodate this little wonder...

Us - Amelia Layne a day old, taken in hospital
Professional photos taken at home, Amelia at 4 days old
A favourite
Red being the colour we associate with Elizabeth,  it surrounds our little Amelia...
Yesterday in the afternoon sunshine, milk drunk on my chest.

These photos show my life - I mean this is what I am all about now. Nothing outside these walls is at all tempting, I am content never to venture out again; everything I need is here with me...

A, Amelia and Elizabeth and Taggpole in my heart - what else could possibly measure up to that?

3 comments:

  1. You stay right where you are. You don't need to be anywhere, do anything or be anyone else but Amelia's mummy right now. Elizabeth and Taggpole are guiding the way for you. You're a beautiful mummy and you and A, together with your kids, make a beautiful family.
    These early days are so precious. Intense but precious.
    Cocoon and enjoy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete